Jump to navigation Jump to search
Things that need to be done to change the branding from 'QM' or 'OpenQM' to the new name (yet to be decided as of time of writing).
Note: I have characterized tasks as 'important' and 'less important', but of course this is subjective. The items in the first category are things I think we should change before a release, whereas the second lot can be left until later if necessary.
- Change the @QMSYS at-var (note: change in F-type VOC entries, too). Change to '@SYS'? '@SYSPATH'/'@SYS.PATH'?
- Change '/usr/qmsys' to something more appropriate.
- Change 'QM.VOCLIB' to 'VOCLIB'.
- Change '/etc/qmconfig' to something more appropriate. (Diccon gotit)
- Change the various program names from 'qm*' (except QMClient?).
- Change all the source 'qm*.c's (except QMClient?).
- Change the VOC entry 'QM.ACCOUNTS' to something else (what?)
- Remove the 'gpl' bit from 'GPL.BP', 'gplsrc', 'gplobj' etc.
- Rename QMPKG (is this much used?)
- Rename QMClient?
- Create an 'OpenQM Compatibility Mode'? (e.g. equate @QMSYS to @SYSPATH)
- Change the welcome message to something more appropriate.
- Change the QM Started message
- Change the info in the headers in GPL.BP and gplsrc.
- Rename internal references to 'qm' (e.g. function names).
We need some!
- New domain name.
- New logo (get a temporary one quickly; permanent one can come later).
- Change references to QM in Wiki.