This project is focussed purely upon the GPL implementation of OpenQM, originally developed by Ladybridge. This project was founded on the 28th November 2008 to independently develop future versions of OpenQM. Naturally, contributors to OpenQM are welcome to submit any changes that they may make back to Ladybridge for inclusion in Commercial QM.
Submissions to this project must be under the GPL version 2, with the option to use a later version if the licensee wishes. Or they can be licensed under the LGPL. There may be links on this site to non-conforming software, but that does not include them in this project.
The subdomain that points to this website is granted by Ladybridge, however the server hosting this project, and it's content is neither their responsibility, or under their control. The server is a VMWare Server 2 Virtual Machine located in a high-bandwidth datacentre in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It is hosted by SteveB who maintains a daily backup to a secondary datacentre in Amsterdam. If you can provide a stable high bandwidth backup mirror, please contact him.
This server is DOWN/SLOW around 04:00GMT nightly for 15mins while backing up.
- Downloads: Source tarball and automated daily build for key platforms
- Guides & HOWTOs - Index of useful guides and HOWTO's on this Wiki
- Bugzilla reporting and tracking bugs:
- Documentation (Commercial Version)
- General support email group: Register then mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC Chat: irc://irc.efnet.org/openqm
Various external projects that provide tools for or API's into OpenQM
- Billabong Services' Anji - an open web based file browser and reporter. Eventually to become a RAD system. Pre-alpha grade of code.
- PHP Native API module
- C++ Wrapper
- Steve Bush's Cygwin Port - Is it worth considering a MinGW port? - Would have to replace some posix bits which MinGW doesnt have.
For those that want to contribute to OpenQM GPL project.
- Subversion repository: https://gpl.openqm.com/svn/qmvdb/ - HOWTO
- Development email group: Register then mailto:email@example.com
- QM Client API - Documentation and Available API's for the QM remote protocol.
- Wish list - Things that you want & that we need contributors/devs for (lots of small things)
- Dynamic linking - Calling objects written in other languages.
How do I use this site?
If you have a question on USAGE of the community version of OpenQM, then send it to the general email support group.
If you want to discuss DEVELOPMENT of the community version of OpenQM (eg. php5 module) then send it to the development email group.
While the email lists are best for getting attention, permanent changes in this wiki will have a longer term impact so feel free to add or change ANYTHING in this wiki.
- Installations - Places where GPL OpenQM is in use (I'm attempting to create a new section for this) - http://capersqm.dnsalias.net/
- Brian Speir's Installation instructions and other downloads
- Kevin Powick's Trident Delphi wrapper
- Tom Delombard's old QM page. Includes details of the tape utilities and the PHP4 module (C Wrapper)