Things that need to be done to change the branding from 'QM' or 'OpenQM' to the new name (yet to be decided as of time of writing).
Note: I have characterized tasks as 'important' and 'less important', but of course this is subjective. The items in the first category are things I think we should change before a release, whereas the second lot can be left until later if necessary.
- Change the @QMSYS at-var (note: change in F-type VOC entries, too). Change to '@SYS'? '@SYSPATH'/'@SYS.PATH'?
- Change '/usr/qmsys' to something more appropriate.
- Change 'QM.VOCLIB' to 'VOCLIB'.
- Change '/etc/qmconfig' to something more appropriate. (Diccon gotit)
- Change the various program names from 'qm*' (except QMClient?).
- Change all the source 'qm*.c's (except QMClient?).
- Change the VOC entry 'QM.ACCOUNTS' to something else (what?)
- Remove the 'gpl' bit from 'GPL.BP', 'gplsrc', 'gplobj' etc.
- Rename QMPKG (is this much used?)
- Rename QMClient?
- Create an 'OpenQM Compatibility Mode'? (e.g. equate @QMSYS to @SYSPATH)
- Change the welcome message to something more appropriate.
- Change the QM Started message
- Change the info in the headers in GPL.BP and gplsrc.
- Rename internal references to 'qm' (e.g. function names).
We need some!
- New domain name.
- New logo (get a temporary one quickly; permanent one can come later).
- Change references to QM in Wiki.