Welcome to ScarletDME.org. ScarletDME is a OpenSource MultiValue database, a community fork of OpenQM originally developed by Ladybridge. This project was founded on the 28th November 2008 to independently develop future versions of ScarletDME and contribute to OpenQM. While there are no longer regular official releases from Ladybridge we aim to support and develop for Scarlet to help our commercial sister, While providing a Free and open platform for Multi value development.
Submissions to this project must be under the GPL version 2, with the option to use a later version if the licensee wishes. Or they can be licensed under the LGPL if you wish to encourage and allow incorporation into proprietary products. Contributors to ScarletDME are welcome to submit changes back to Rocket Software as well, for inclusion in the commercial version of OpenQM. However, we're not aware of a method of doing this now that Ladybridge no longer owns OpenQM.
- Downloads: Source tarball and package builds for key platforms
- Guides & HOWTOs - Index of useful guides and HOWTO's on this Wiki
- QMBASIC Enhancements - QMBASIC features that are custom or were not part of the original GPL release.
- Github issue tracker For reporting and tracking bugs or other issues.
- Documentation - Documented differences from the Commercial Documentation (Check here first, then below)
- Documentation (Commercial Version)
- General support email group: Register then mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discord: ScarletDME Discord Channel (Discord links do expire, so if this doesn't work when you need it, please reach out to email@example.com and I'll get you a link!)
Various external projects that provide tools for or API's into OpenQM
- Billabong Services' Anji - an open web based file browser and reporter. Eventually to become a RAD system. Pre-alpha grade of code. (link goes to the Wayback Machine copy of the site)
- PHP Native API module
- C++ Wrapper
- Steve Bush's Cygwin Port - Is it worth considering a MinGW port? - Would have to replace some posix bits which MinGW doesnt have.
- Kevin Powick's Trident Delphi wrapper
For those that want to contribute to OpenQM GPL project.
- Github repository: https://github.com/geneb/ScarletDME - HOWTO (Deprecated SVN instructions)
- Development email group: Register then mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working with the Dev Branch - How to obtain, build, and upgrade ScarletDME using the dev branch on github.
- QM Client API - Documentation and Available API's for the QM remote protocol.
- Wish list - Things that you want & that we need contributors/devs for (lots of small things)
- Dynamic linking - Calling objects written in other languages.
- Installers - Installing scripts/programs or package systems
- Commercial submissions - Sending stuff to Ladybridge
How do I use this site?
If you have a question on USAGE of the community version of Scarlet, then send it to the general email support group.
If you want to discuss DEVELOPMENT of the community version of Scarlet (eg. php5 module) then send it to the development email group.
While the email lists are best for getting attention, permanent changes in this wiki will have a longer term impact so feel free to add or change ANYTHING in this wiki.
- Installations - Places where GPL OpenQM is in use (I'm attempting to create a new section for this) - http://capersqm.dnsalias.net/
- Brian Speir's Installation instructions and other downloads
- Tom Delombard's old QM page. (Wayback Machine Link) Includes details of the tape utilities and the PHP4 module (C Wrapper)
- JD3 is a socket based server for D3 ported to QM
- David Patterson's guide to using PHP with JD3 David's original page has disappeared (unable to contact), so here's the google cache
- David Patterson's guide to using Java with JD3 google cache again